YouTube is the second largest search engine on the Internet, which means advertisers have significant potential to reach audiences and drive conversions.
In this post, discover the essential YouTube advertising statistics you need to know in 2022.
YouTube advertising reach statistics
- YouTube’s advertising revenue reached $7.34 billion in the second quarter of 2022, a 5% year-over-year increase. (Statist, 2022)
YouTube ads have the potential reach of 2.56 billion users, or about 1 in 3 people on Earth. (Hootsuite, 2022)
- YouTube ads reach more than three-quarters of adults over 18 and more than 90% of adults in a total of 14 countries. (Hootsuite, 2022)
- YouTube’s largest advertising audience is men aged 25-34. (Hootsuite, 2022)
- The cost of YouTube ads can vary and can cost between $0.10 and $0.30. (HubSpot, 2022)
YouTube advertising statistics
- Apple Inc. and Disney were the top-spending advertisers on YouTube in 2021. (Statista, 2021)
- 63% of people say they bought from a brand after seeing an ad on YouTube. (Think With Google, 2022)
- YouTube ads with strong CTAs have been shown to increase the likelihood of short-term sales by 30%. (Think With Google, 2022)
- Audio is the #1 lift multiplier for effective YouTube ads. (Think With Google, 2022)
- YouTube’s Attention, Brand, Connect and Lead (ABCD) advertising strategy delivers a 30% increase in short-term sales and a 17% increase in customer lifetime value. (Think With Google, 2022)
- Testing different YouTube ads can lead to greater success, as advertisers who tested different YouTube ads and used the most effective result achieved 60% higher ad recall. (Think With Google, 2021)
- Using YouTube’s native product feed tool to display your products alongside your ads can lead to 60% more conversions on average. (Google, 2021)
Ready to start filming?
As shown above, YouTube advertising has the potential to reach a large audience and generate a high ROI. To get these benefits, create a marketing strategy for the platform and, as they say, lights, camera, action!
Originally published on 22 August 2022 07:00:00, updated on 22 August 2022