With the pet industry growing significantly year after year, this is a good time to start a new pet business. These companies range from traditional veterinary clinics to unique pet supplies and niche services. Below are some of the best options for pet lovers who want to start their own business at the service of pet owners.
Why You Should Start a Pet Business in 2022
Pet business opportunities abound today. Here are some of the benefits of entering this growing industry:
- Spending time with animals: Many pet business ideas really require interacting with animals. Because these business owners usually own pets, many find this look nice.
- Get a steady income: Studies have found that pet owners do not change their spending habits on pet products and services, even during a recession. They are more likely to reduce their own expenses.
- Enjoy the flexibility: Many pet businesses, such as a mobile hairdressing company or a pet daycare, can be done on time and without a physical location. This can keep start-up costs low and allow you to grow in a way that suits your lifestyle.
- Find accomplishment in your work: Helping animals can give a purpose to your work. You may feel more satisfied and motivated personally.
24 Amazing Pet Business Ideas
The pet industry includes tons of unique business opportunities, from pet food to accessories. Here are some key pet-related ideas to keep in mind.
1. Pet Food Bakery: Organic Food for Fido
Organic pet food and candy is becoming more and more popular, making it a potentially profitable pet business idea. Open a local store and / or sell pet treats made with quality ingredients online.
2. Dog sitting: Good for dog owners
If you enjoy spending time with dogs, help other pet owners by visiting Fido or hosting them for a week.
Read more: How to Start a Pet Care Business
3. Dog Walk: Pet owners can also walk their dog!
Those who like to spend time outdoors can charge a small fee for daily or weekly walks. Take out your own dog at the same time to do multiple tasks.
4. Niche Dog Training Business: You Can Save a Life
Unfortunately, some dogs are aggressive in nature due to past interactions. Most pet owners who adopt these pets may need specialized pet training to make these animals safe for family life. You need training and experience working with aggressive dogs to serve this market.
5. Puppy breeding: Make new best friends
A dog breeding business usually involves taking care of one particular breed and raising puppies to offer to others. Some people choose dog breeders based on the need for a particular type of dog that suits their family or medical condition.
6. Dog grooming: give Fido a new look
Dog grooming services include bath, haircuts, nail trimming, and sometimes even brushing or brushing. You can set up a physical location or even start a mobile hairdressing business on a truck.
7. Pet Store – Give pet owners the equipment they need
A pet supply store can offer food, toys, costumes, kennels, and sometimes even animals. You will need a commercial space for your pet store, along with vendor relationships to keep the shelves safe.
8. Cat accessories: Create a cat niche business
Many pet business ideas revolve around dogs. But cat owners also need toys, food, trash, and accessories. Start your own in-person or online store to serve this niche market.
9. Service Dog Business: Help those in need
Service dogs often help people with disabilities or can provide emotional support. These dogs need to be trained before the service, so you can raise and / or train dogs to fill this important role.
10. Pet Accommodation: Helps pet owners when traveling
A boarding kennel often has room to house several pets at once, making it ideal for those with a lot of land. You can offer long-term boarding for travelers, or even daycare services for dogs.
11. Behavioral Expert: Work directly with animals
A behavioral expert offers personalized training options for problems such as walking or obedience. Travel to each customer to provide the service without physical location.
12. Veterinarian: Keeping animals healthy
Veterinarians obviously need specialized training. But these clinics can care for all kinds of animals to solve health problems and provide preventive care.
13. Pet Toys: Sell handmade creations
Many pet owners buy dog or cat toys to keep their pets happy. Sell your own handmade versions online for a flexible business option.
14. Pet Photography: Capture your best looks
A pet photographer only needs a camera and an interest in capturing aspects of unique animals.
15. Personalized Pet Portraits – Show off your artwork
If you like to draw or paint, offer your services to pet owners who want a unique portrait to show at home.
16. Wholesale pet food: Bring the best brands to market
Instead of making your own special pet delights, offer pet food from top brands at a small local store.
17. Social media personality – show off your pet
Social media is not just for human influencers. Many animals have dedicated tracking and payment relationships with pet brands.
18. Cat Cafe: Offers a shelter for cat lovers
Cat cafes are becoming popular in many big cities. Think of a local cafe, but with cats.
19. Pet Marketing – Be an animal celebrity manager
Expert sellers offer their skills to famous animals or pet brands to carve out a unique niche.
20. Pet Manicure: Pamper people’s pets
A pet spa operator can go beyond simple pet hairdressing services and offer luxurious options such as manicures.
21. Pet transport: facilitates travel
As a pet travel service provider, you can take your animals to their destination as families move, or simply help arrange air travel for families traveling with animals.
22. Personalized Pet Labels – Keep pets close to your home
Pet tags show your address, contact information and any instructions for those who may find your pet if they leave. Create them personalized with metal and press letters for each customer.
23. Animal Blogger: Share unique stories online
Blogs can earn you money through affiliate revenue, sponsored content, or traditional ads. Share animal-related content to add value to other pet owners. It is also an ideal business for beginners, as you can work according to your own schedule.
Read more: Small Business Ideas for Beginners
24. Pet Massage Therapist: Helps Fido relax
Massage therapy is a specialized service for pets that can treat animals with muscle tension or various physical ailments.
Is it better to start an online pet or brick and mortar business?
Pet shops and pet supply companies used to be mostly brick and mortar establishments. But now there are more consumers shopping online. And many previous companies do not require a physical location. Consider the type of business you are starting, what your customers expect, and your budget to decide between these options. There are also franchise opportunities for both face-to-face and online businesses.
Read more: Pet Franchises: Dog Business in Abundance (Cats Too)
Image: Envato Elements
More on: Developing an idea