As marketers find more innovative ways to engage audiences, video has become a significant part of the strategic conversation.
Video marketing is no longer a “prominent” content strategy. It’s here, and it’s an increasingly powerful way to communicate your brand history, explain your value proposition, and build relationships with your customers and potential customers.
The HubSpot blog surveyed 550 vendors for the latest video trends. The latest data shows that video content is not only effective, but demand is growing at an impressive rate. These are the key video marketing statistics that you should consider when reporting your strategy.
General video marketing statistics
- 36% of marketers say that the main goal of their company’s video marketing efforts is to increase brand awareness and reach new audiences.
- 37% of companies create video content exclusively internally, 14% depend on an agency, and 49% share a combination of video content created both internally and within the agency.
- 69% of marketers say their company owns the production equipment used to create video content.
- The most popular video editing software is Adobe Premiere Pro, which is used by 61% of marketers.
- 44% of marketers use an iPhone as their primary camera for video content.
- 88% of companies surveyed have a team dedicated to creating video content and 45% of companies with dedicated video support have a team of two to five people.
- 81% of marketers say their parent company has a specific budget for video marketing, and 52% of marketers said their video marketing budget remained the same for 2022.
- 42% of marketers surveyed say that creating video content through an external agency has resulted in better videos.
- 69% of marketers say the biggest benefit of creating video content in-house is having more creative control and flexibility.
- When asked what is the biggest benefit of working with an agency to create video content, 68% of marketers point to higher quality videos that look more professional.
- 77% of marketers say their company uses YouTube to host marketing videos.
- 14% of marketers say their company spends between $ 7,000 and $ 10,000 to produce a video.
- When asked how long it takes to create a marketing video from start to finish, 30% of marketers say it takes two weeks.
- According to 65% of marketers, production (filming, lighting, and audio) is the most expensive part of the video creation process.
- 38% of marketers say that pre-production (ideation, scriptwriting and casting) is the most time consuming part of the video creation process.
- 74% of businesses optimize videos for silent auto play.
- 78% of businesses take advantage of video content accessibility features. The most common hosting is video captions, which are used by 65% of businesses.
- 31% of brands post two to four videos a month.
- 29% of companies started prioritizing video marketing in 2019.
- When asked what the three biggest challenges in creating video content were, the main answers were the lack of time to create video content (39%), the difficulty of creating an effective video strategy. 33%) and inadequate budget to create video content (31%). ).
Video Marketing Performance Statistics
- According to marketers, the three most important factors for creating effective video content are capturing the attention of viewers in the first few seconds (36%), effectively promoting videos (36%), and keeping videos concise (33%).
- The most effective video promotion strategies for marketers are to promote videos on social media platforms (63%), add videos to the company’s website or blog, optimize the title and description for SEO, and run ads. payment for videos (47%).
- 44% of marketers describe creating video content as easy.
- 59% of marketers found video marketing to be somewhat effective in achieving their company’s overall business goals.
- 47% of marketers say that video marketing is moderately important to their company’s overall marketing strategy.
- 55% of marketers say that video marketing has a medium ROI and 41% of marketers report that video marketing has a high ROI.
- 32% of marketers found that the most effective way to generate opportunities from marketing videos is to place landing page links on social media video ads.
- The top metrics used by marketers to measure video content performance are view count (44%), view time (43%), and engagement (41%).
- 36% of marketers say that the optimal duration of a marketing video is one to three minutes.
- 39% of marketers report that short format videos generate the highest ROI.
- 64% of marketers surveyed say that the optimal duration of a short format marketing video is 20 to 60 seconds.
- 41% of marketers found that the average viewing rate for their short format videos is between 61 and 80%.
- 26% of marketers say that the optimal length of a live video is seven to nine minutes.
- 40% of marketers say the biggest benefit of creating video content is helping customers understand their products and services. 36% of marketers say that the biggest advantage of video content is that it gets more involved than other types of marketing.
- 68% of marketers say that the content that shows their products and services generates the highest ROI.
- For 63% of marketers, content related to cultural moments and news generates the most video interaction.
- 59% of marketers have created a video that has gone viral.
- According to marketers, the most important factors when creating a viral video are creating related content (28%), keeping videos short (27%), and capturing the attention of viewers in the first few seconds (26%).
- 24% of marketers say that funny content is more likely to go viral.
Social media video marketing statistics
- According to 58% of marketers, short format videos (such as TikTok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts) are the main video format they use in their roles.
- The main channels for sharing or hosting marketing videos are social media (76%), blogging (55%), email (44%), and Vimeo (31%).
- 67% of marketers say that sharing marketing videos on social media (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok) has the highest ROI.
- The leading social networking platform for video sharing is YouTube (70%), followed by Instagram (60%) and TikTok (35%).
- 54% of companies plan to increase their investment in videos for TikTok this year.
- 64% of marketers say their business has the highest share when they share marketing videos on Instagram.
- According to marketers, the main social networking platforms for generating leads from videos are Instagram (66%) and YouTube (59%).
- 56% of brands plan to increase their investment in Instagram videos this year.
- When they post marketing videos on social media, 55% of marketers say they take advantage of a mix of organic and paid content.
- 27% of marketers said YouTube is the platform they plan to invest more in to share marketing videos in 2022.
- When the two platforms were compared, 78% of marketers said that YouTube was more effective in achieving overall business goals, compared to 8% of marketers who thought Vimeo was more effective in achieving business goals.
As online platforms and consumer habits tend to video, brands will need to invest in the medium to keep the public’s attention and grow their reach.