It pays to keep customers updated, especially when the competition is growing. One way to keep customers engaged is by sending them newsletters. For businesses interested in driving traffic to their website, leveraging a customer email list is a simple yet effective solution.
Can you create a newsletter in Canva?
Not all businesses have the skills or the small teams to create their newsletters. That’s why many of them depend on Canva. But what is Canva? It’s a free online tool that comes with tons of themes and features to help businesses design their newsletters their way.
Is it free to create a newsletter in Canva?
Canva’s online editor is a powerful creative tool for creating professional email marketing newsletters. And it’s available for free, which makes it useful for most small business owners. If you are looking for a built-in tool, you can opt for Canva Pro, which is a paid option.
Benefits of using Canva for your email marketing campaigns
It takes time and resources to build a well-defined digital marketing strategy. Every element, including email marketing, should be designed to excite your audience. This is where Canva, as a tool, can come in handy.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of using Canva for your email marketing campaigns:
- Create brand consistent emails: As a business owner, you want your messages to be memorable. That’s why it’s important to maintain consistency in your branding. In Canva, you can choose your brand colors, fonts, and logos to create and download designs that reflect your brand.
- Collaborate seamlessly with your team: Another benefit of using Canva is that your designs will be stored in the cloud. This makes it easy for multiple team members to work on the newsletter at the same time. Once registered, you can access your designs from any device.
- Customize your newsletter design: Canva’s media library contains millions of high-resolution images, icons, and illustrations across multiple categories. All this makes it easy for you to customize the design of your newsletter.
- Save time and resources: Canva, a simple and easy-to-use tool, makes it easy for you to design newsletters in no time.
How to make a newsletter in Canva
Making newsletters using your own images or stock photos takes very little time in Canva. You can design the newsletter to share updates from your social media accounts or upcoming events with a clear call to action.
Let’s take a look at the steps to make your own newsletter in Canva.
1. Open Canva
Go to your Canva account. In the search bar, type Newsletter to get started.
2. Choose a template
In Canva’s template library, you’ll find several options to choose from. Use the right keywords to find options that work best for your business newsletter. Once you find the right template, click on it and start designing.
3. Refine your design
You will be able to access a number of important items such as free illustrations, graphics and images on Canva. Use the drag and drop tool to refine your design.
4. Add your own branding
Add branding elements to personalize your newsletter. For example, you can upload attractive images and icons that reflect your brand.
5. Create attractive text
A great design is only half of what makes an effective newsletter. You also need to pay attention to the content. Consider adding an interesting subject line and email header to engage your audience.
How to send a Canva newsletter via email
Once you’ve added your branding colors and photos and are happy with the results, you’re ready to send your newsletter to your customers. Let’s see the steps to send a newsletter by email:
- Save your template: The first thing you need to do is save your personalized newsletter.
- Click share: At the top right, you’ll find the Share option. Once you click on it, you will be able to download the file.
- Insert the file: Finally, insert the file into your email and hit send.
Using Canva Pro to create a newsletter in Canva
If you are interested in more advanced features, you should try Canva Pro. In Canva Pro, you’ll have access to more features and options to enhance your newsletter design. For example, Pro offers over 100 million premium stock images, videos and graphics.
Another advantage is the additional storage space. Compared to the 5GB of cloud storage you get in the free version, Pro offers 100GB of space.
Newsletter template options
With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right newsletter templates. Let’s take a look at some examples of newsletters that might work best for your business.
Brown Minimalist Fashion Email Newsletter
If you have a lot of products to feature in your newsletter, consider this as an option. The brown minimalist fashion email newsletter has a stylish design, which makes it easy for you to communicate a lot of information without cluttering the email.
Brown Breakfast Email Newsletter
If you’re a lifestyle brand, this template works best for highlighting images. With its minimal text, it allows the images to stand out and grab the attention of the recipient.
Ivory Gold Modern Line Art Jewelry Collection Email Newsletter
When you have a simple and straightforward message to make visible, you need a template that allows you to do so. This template will challenge you to keep your message short and relevant.
Blue white minimalist classroom bulletin
Sometimes you may want to add more than one call to action, this template can help you do that. Its design is designed to ensure that your audience doesn’t get confused when clicking on call-to-action buttons.
Retro classroom bulletin board templates
If you’re looking for a fun template that combines bright colors with catchy fonts, you should consider this template tool for your classroom.
June real estate newsletter digital template
If you want to create a more personalized newsletter, you might find this template useful. It allows you to add up to 4 personal photos, logos and more.
Canva email marketing tips and newsletters
When it comes to email marketing services in general and newsletters in particular, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Here are some helpful tips.
- Choose the right design: Great design works for your content. So, when choosing it, consider the amount of text you want to include in your newsletter. If there is a lot of text, you might consider choosing a minimalist design that can make your newsletter more readable.
- Use images creatively: Images make your newsletter memorable. Add a striking image that will entice your audience to keep reading your email.
- Highlight your call to action: The goal of any newsletter is to drive your audience to take action. Therefore, it is important to use the right call-to-action and make sure it is prominent enough for your recipients to click on it.
- Pay attention to subject lines: Your customers get a lot of emails, so getting them to open yours needs to stand out. Keeping your topics short and interesting can help you achieve your goal.
- Talk to your customers: The more you customize your newsletters, the easier it will be to connect with your audience.
Can I upload a Canva newsletter to Mailchimp?
To upload the newsletter to your Mailchimp account, simply click the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and hit the Share button.