Curious about how to create videos on the TikTok app? Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we will give you a step-by-step guide to create your own TikTok masterpiece.
And don’t worry – it’s not as difficult as you might think to create your first TikTok video. So without further ado, let’s get started!
How to make a video on the TikTok app: a beginner’s guide
This beginner’s guide will show you how to get started on TikTok, from creating an account to filming and editing your first TikTok video.
1. Create your TikTok account
Before learning how to go viral on tiktok or even how to create your first video, you’ll need to create an account. You can do this within the TikTok app.
After downloading TikTok from Google Play or the Apple App Store, open the app and tap “Profile” on the bottom right.
Use your phone number, email address or social media account to sign up. For the purposes of this article, please select “use phone or email” from the available options.
Fill in your birthday below.
Enter your phone number. Please make sure this information is correct as it will be used to verify your account.
Once you’ve entered your phone number, TikTok will send you a verification code to enter in the next field.
Once verified, you can choose a username and set a password.
This is! Unless you need it content ideas for TikTokyou’re ready to start creating your own video.
2. At the bottom of the screen, press the + sign
3. Upload content from your phone’s library or record Use the TikTok camera
To upload a video from your phone’s library, tap “Upload” at the bottom.
To record in “Quick” mode, tap the red button. When you’re done recording, play it again.
To record longer clips, switch to “Camera” and select video lengths of 60 seconds or 3 minutes.
Switching to “Templates” allows you to create a specific video style.
4. Tap the “Next” button when you’ve finished recording all your images
5. Do any video editing
The editing options are in a sidebar on the right side of the screen.
6. Publish your video and share it with the world!
Include a short description along with some relevant hashtags to ensure your target audience can find your video.
How to make a video on TikTok on a computer
To make a video on TikTok using your computer, you’ll need to have a pre-recorded video ready to upload through their website.
And it will be necessaryenter a title instead of a description and separate tags like on mobile.
How to make a live video on TikTok
When it goes live, your followers will be notified and can watch your stream live.
To be posted, users must be at least 16 years old and have more than 1,000 followers.
- Open the app and tap +.
- Select “LIVE” right next to “Templates” at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a thumbnail, title and theme. While you’re primarily broadcasting your live video to your existing audience, making it public and adding a relevant topic makes it easy for new viewers to find and watch your stream.
- Tap the “Live” button. Once live, you can switch cameras, add effects and filter comments. When you’re done playing, tap the X in the top left corner.
How to make a video for TikTok with music
TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. With its short and snappy videos, it’s the perfect place to show off your creative side.
Follow these simple steps to add music to your videos:
- Tap + at the bottom of the screen.
- Use the TikTok camera or upload content. Choose the video length under “Camera” and then tap the red button to use the app’s camera. Tap it again to stop it. To use a pre-recorded video from your phone’s library, tap “Upload” next to the record button.
- Tap the red “Next” button.
- Edit your video and add sounds. Your video editing options are located in the sidebar on the right side of the screen. To add music or sounds to your video, tap Add Sound at the top.
- Use the search box to find specific songs, sounds or artists.
- Choose your sound. Tap the audio clip, then tap the red check button so you can use it in your video.
- Mute the sound if necessary. Tap the title at the top of the screen, then the scissors icon and trim the sound to your liking.
- Include a short description, some relevant hashtags, and publish your video.
Elaboration of a dance video
Making a dance video is similar to the steps described above, with a little more. For example, you will first have to decide on a dance and learn it.
And you’ll need to make sure you have plenty of room to practice and record your awesome footwork.
Making a video in slow motion
To make a video in slow motion, you’ll tap “Speed” in the editing toolbar before recording. Above the record button, you’ll see options to make your video 0.5x or 0.3x slower.
Tap any of them, then record and edit your video as needed.
How to make a TikTok video with images
You can also upload photos from your phone or use the TikTok camera to make videos. Here are the steps:
- Tap + at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Photo” and upload photos or take new ones. Take new photos by tapping the white button or upload up to 35 images from your phone by tapping “Upload”.
- Editing your video and adding music or sounds. Edit with the tools in the right sidebar. Tap “Add Sound” at the top of the screen to add audio.
- Add a description, add hashtags, then tap Publish.
How to make a TikTok with multiple videos and video clips
Here are the quick and easy steps to make a TikTok video using a few clips and editing them together.
- Press the + sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Create or upload multiple clips. To upload videos from your phone’s library, tap “Upload”. To create multiple clips, press the red button to start recording and press it again to stop. Do this for each newly recorded clip you want to include in your final video.
- Tap the “Next” button when you’re done editing your footage.
- Make video edits and sync sound. Editing options are in the right sidebar. To sync audio between clips, tap Adjust Clips, tap Audio Sync, then tap the Auto Sync button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Add a short description and some good hashtags and then publish your new video.
Best format for TikTok videos
MP4 and MOV are the supported formats. For aspect ratio, you can use 9:16 or 1:1 with sidebars.
In terms of dimensions, 1080×1920 pixels in portrait orientation is the recommended size.
Best duration for TikTok videos
TikTok now allows videos that are 10 minutes long. However, in a survey, around 50% of users said they found videos longer than a minute to be “stressful”.
This is in line with TikTok data, which shows that 25% of popular videos fall within the app’s recommended length of 21-34 seconds.
Best video editor for TikTok
TikTok video editors can help you be more concise with your content and even create your own sound. A The video editor can also help you save time by batch editing your videos.
Here are 5 of the best video editors for TikTok.
- ViaMaker is an all-in-one video editing application with features that make it easy to use. The music library is also huge. enter it Google Play or the App store.
- Zoomerang is a beginner-friendly app that helps users create TikTok videos with in-app tutorials and includes over 100 effects, filters, and more. Get it for android or iPhone.
- InShot has tools to easily edit your videos to perfection. With its variety of video effects, you can make your videos look professional. Download enabled android or on iPhone.
- Funimate has a wide range of visual effects and allows users to choose from various transitions. It also makes it very easy to share your videos on TikTok, Facebook and Instagram. It is available for iOS i android.
- Lomotif has great music options and includes a huge library, from contemporary hits to oldies. It’s great for finding the perfect melody for your video. download it Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Subtitles for TikTok videos
A good TikTok caption can make or break a video. It should pique people’s interests and make them want to watch your video.
It should reflect your personality and the tone of your video. Here are 3 good examples of subtitles.
- “Friends don’t let friends make TikToks alone.”
- “My Day: Wake Up, TikTok, Sleep.”
- “I want to dance in the dark and never stop. We’ll light up the night like shooting stars.” – Rihanna, “Dancing in the Dark”
Things to consider before making a Tiktok video
Here are 5 things to consider before making a TikTok video of any kind:
- Make it short and sweet. In today’s fast-paced world, people don’t want to watch a 60-second video when they could watch a 30-second video. Get to the point quickly and don’t drag people along the way. They’ll thank you, and your sight will count, too.
- TikTok compared to other social media platforms. TikTok is quickly becoming the go-to social media platform for content creators and influencers. It offers a concise and effective way to create and share engaging content across multiple channels. Because TikTok is so popular, your videos are likely to reach a wide audience.
- Using the duet videos feature. Duet is an easy-to-use feature on TikTok that allows you and other creators to create together. learning how to do a duet with someone on TikTok it’s smart because these videos are a great way to connect with your audience and improve your visibility. By making a duo with another user, you can show your creative side and get your video seen by more people.
- Use trending songs. TikTok favors videos that use top-performing music or sounds that are currently trending.
- It leaves some questions unanswered. You shouldn’t explain everything in one video and instead leave some questions unanswered for people to comment and ask for a follow-up video.
More on: TikTok