Canva is ideal for any business looking for an integrated tool that makes it easy to create business cards. But when it comes to making business cards, what is Canva capable of?
In this article, we’ll show you step-by-step how people and small teams can make professional-looking business cards with Canva.
Can you use Canva to create business cards?
People and small teams can use Canva to create free business cards. Use one of the prefabricated templates or create your own design from scratch.
Why you should create a Canva business card
Creating business cards with Canva is a great way to make sure they are professional and stylish. Here are five reasons why:
- Mark. You can create a unique design that reflects your brand.
- Templates. Canva offers a wide range of templates so you can find the perfect one for your business.
- Easy to customize. You can easily add your logo and contact information.
- Easy to use. Canva’s drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to design your business card.
- Easy to order. After designing your business card, you can easily order it using Canva Print.
How to create your own business cards in Canva
Let’s talk about how to create your digital business card in Canva, which you can also print for offline use. To create and download designs:
1. Registration or login
After you sign up for a Canva account or sign in to an existing one, hover over “Templates” and click “Business Cards.”
2. Select a template
Once you’ve found a template you like, click on it, then click ‘Customize this template.’
3. Add or remove images
To delete images, click on the image and press delete or rewind on the keyboard. To add images such as a logo or other graphics to your brand, use the “Photos” and “Elements” sections. You can also upload images for your “Uploads” business cards.
4. Modify the background
To change the background of your design, click “Background” on the left and select a new one.
5. Modify the text and fonts
To change the text, such as contact details and company name, just click on it. Then click on the font box and select one of the many available font styles.
6. Download your business card design
Download your design by clicking “Share” at the top right of the screen, then “Download.” Modify the download settings to your liking and click the “Download” button.
How to print business cards from Canva
Canva is definitely the best place to buy business cards. Let’s talk about how to print your business cards from Canva.
- Click “Print Business Cards.” Located at the top right of the screen, next to “Share.”
- Define your printing options. Choose “One Sided” or “Double Sided” printable pages, paper type, finish, and number of business cards to print.
- Eliminate gaps. Do you see any gaps around the edges of your design? Then pull out your background as shown in Canva.
- Dangerous area. If you see text or images on the red border, move them so that they are not cut out on your business cards.
- Download the test. Download a PDF proof of your business card design to check for errors.
- Shipping details. Set the shipping speed, then enter your name and address.
- Confirm and pay. Confirm your order details and click “Order”.
How to print multiple business cards from Canva
Here’s how to print multiple business cards from Canva when you have more than two pages.
- Click the “Print Business Cards” button. This button is to the left of the “Share” button.
- Printing options. Set all options to your liking. Note that the price doubles as you print two different business cards.
- Get rid of gaps. Follow the instructions on the Canva screen to remove any gaps around the edges of your design.
- Avoid the danger zone. Remove any images or text from the red danger zone.
- Check for errors. Download the PDF test of your design for errors.
- Set shipping options. Choose from “Economy”, “Standard” and “Express Shipping”.
- Pay for your order. When you are sure that your order details are correct, click on “Order”.
The best Canva business card templates
Here are five of the best business card template designs designed by Canva professionals:
This business card design is ideal for restaurant owners.
Yoga Instructor Business Cards
This template is perfect for yoga instructors.
Green leaf landscaping business card
Here’s a simple yet elegant design for landscapers.
Lawyer business card
This template design is a good choice for law firms.
Restaurant catering chef business card
Here’s a design that bakers or caterers would love.
Canva Business Card Tips
Here are five tips for creating amazing Canva business cards that stand out from the competition:
- Use high quality images. Use only high-resolution images to make your cards look sharp and professional.
- Make it simple. Keep track of essentials such as your name, title, business name, and contact information.
- Use branded items. Incorporate your company logo, colors, and other branding elements to make your business card instantly recognizable.
- Be creative. Being creative could be as simple as experimenting with different sans serif fonts, which is the best font for business cards.
- Print on high quality paper. Be sure to print your cards on high quality paper to look and feel professional.
How long does it take to make a business card in Canva?
Making a business card in Canva is easy with all the templates and other tools and it only takes a few minutes to complete.
How can business cards be made vertical in Canva?
Vertical business cards stand out from the crowd and are easy to set up in Canva. Here are the steps:
- After signing in, hover over “Templates” and click on “Business Cards”.
- Click “Portrait” in the left margin under the “Format” section.
- Select your vertical layout and click “Customize this template”.
- Modify the images and text to match your brand.
- Download your design when you’re done clicking “Share”, then “Download” and finally the “Download” button.
How to make a business card in front of and behind Canva?
Creating a business card in Canva that has a front and back is easy. Let’s take a brief look at the steps:
- Sign in and hover over “Templates” by clicking on “Business Cards”.
- Choose the template you want to work with and click “Customize this template”.
- If the template has only one page, you will need to add a second page. The first page will be the front of your business card and the second page will be the back.
- Make sure your images and text are consistent with your brand.
- When you have finished designing your business card, click “Share”, then “Download” and “Download” again to save the design to your computer.
How big are business cards in Canva?
Canva business cards are 3.5 × 2 inches in size, which is about the size of a bank card. This makes them easy to put in your wallet.
Image: Envato Elements