Week 12 of NFL The season has come to an end as Kenny Pickett and the Pittsburgh Steelers (4-7) topped Matt Ryan and the Indianapolis Colts (4-7-1) on Monday Night Football.
Here are the best plays!
Pittsburgh Steelers 24, Indianapolis Colts 17
What an interception!
After the Steelers took a 3-0 lead, they quickly got the ball back when James Pierre made an athletic interception of Matt Ryan, setting up Pittsburgh at the Indianapolis 38-yard line. The drive stalled, however, and the Steelers were forced to punt.
Bags upon bags
Yannick Ngakoue came off the edge and charged to sack Kenny Pickett at the Colts’ 38 for his second sack of the ball. This appears to be a defensive battle. The Colts finished the first quarter with zero yards of offense.
off the hook
Matthew Wright’s 52-yard boot went off the right post and in, extending the Steelers’ lead to 6-0.
Do it thoroughly
Pickett took a deep throw down the sideline and found George Pickens for a 35-yard gain. The acrobatic rookie put both feet on the ground before falling out of bounds.
A walk in the park
Najee Harris took advantage of the big play by running through the Colts defense and into the end zone for the first touchdown of the game, making it 13-0.
Benny Snell Jr. rushed up the middle of the field for a strong 16-yard gain, setting up another field goal before halftime. The Steelers are 16-3.
Dallis Flowers opened the second half with an incredible 89-yard punt return to the Pittsburgh 19-yard line, putting the Colts in the red zone.
Jonathan Taylor finished the game by running for a touchdown, cutting the deficit to six points. We have a game.
Down for the count
Najee Harris was ruled out with an abdominal injury after a big offensive contribution for the Steelers in the first half.
Taylor looked invincible as he outran four defenders for a first down.
Taylor and Ryan botched a critical exchange at the goal line, blowing a chance to put Pittsburgh ahead. Chris Wormley recovers the ball for the Steelers, and the score remains 16-10.
In the area
Ryan found rookie Jelani Woods for a 29-yard gain to set up first-and-goal.
Michael Pittman Jr. finished with a 6-yard touchdown reception, and the Colts edged the Steelers 17-16!
Not for long
Benny Snell Jr. leaped into the end zone on a 2-yard carry to put the Steelers back on top, 22-17
Making the most of it
George Pickens got open in the end zone and caught a Pickett pass for the two-point conversion, making it 24-17.
George Pickens channels his inner Cristiano Ronaldo and sets up SIU to celebrate the Steelers’ score, proof that the World Cup madness has transcended American football.
The Colts drove into Steelers territory on their final drive, but baffling clock management and a lack of execution ultimately doomed Indy in a 24-17 loss.
More from NFL Week 12:
- NFL Week 12 highlights: Eagles vs. Packers, Aaron Rodgers out
- NFL Week 12: Best viral moments from Packers-Eagles, Bears-Jets and more
- Bengals, 49ers on horseback; Brady, Bucs offense out of class: 3 up, 3 down
- Seahawks get a reality check with loss at home to Raiders Josh Jacobs
- Did the Bucs cost themselves a win by not using late timeouts against the Browns?
- With the stars out, the steals of the Bengals’ supporting cast are on display in the road win over the Titans
- Week 12 NFL odds: Absurd wins and bad beats, including Jaguars-Ravens
- Tom Brady, Bucs lose more than one game in overtime loss at Cleveland
- NFL Week 12 odds: Line, results for each game
- The Bears’ loss to the Jets shows that they are still early in the rebuilding process
- Mike White was the missing ingredient to the Jets’ playoff push
Get more from the National Football League Follow your favorites for information on games, news and more