The NFL playoffs are finally here, but some key players might be missing out on the action.
Here’s the latest on the injury status of key players around the league ahead of this weekend’s playoff action.
Sea falcons @ 49ers (4:30 p.m. Saturday, FOX)
- SEA RB Kenneth Walker II (will play) returned to practice Thursday and has no roster designation, making him ready to go for Saturday’s game.
- SEA’s starting safety Ryan Neal will return after missing the past three games. SEA DE Shelby Harris (knee) and SEA RB DeeJay Dallas are among four players listed as questionable.
- SF LB Dre Greenlaw (will play), while listed as questionable after missing Week 18 with a back injury, appears to be on track to play Saturday.
- SF QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) and SF CB Amby Thomas (ankle) were the only 49ers players ruled out for Saturday’s game.
chargers @ jaguars (8:15 p.m. Saturday, NBC)
- LAC WR Mike Williams has been ruled out after suffering a back injury in the regular season finale. In fact, Williams will be out for the foreseeable future as he suffered a fractured back that will keep him out for two to three weeks. ESPN reported. So unless the Chargers make the Super Bowl, their season is over. Williams was originally listed as questionable for Thursday’s Saturday game despite not practicing during the week. But Williams will remain in Los Angeles as the team heads to Jacksonville on Friday.
- JAX QB Trevor Lawrence (questionable) was limited in practice all week with a toe injury, but has played through the injury since suffering it in Week 13.
Trevor Lawrence makes his playoff debut against the Chargers
dolphins @ invoices (1 p.m. Sunday, CBS)
- MIA QB Tua Tagovailoa (out) has has already been ruled out, as he remains in concussion protocol.
- MIA QB Teddy Bridgewater (Limited) still has a broken finger on his throwing hand that he suffered in Week 17, which caused him to miss Week 18. McDaniel indicated that Skylar Thompson will start Sunday.
- The Dolphins have 17 players listed on their injury report. OT Terron Armstead has yet to practice this week (toe/pectoral/knee/hip), while LB Bradley Chubb practiced again on a limited basis Thursday.
- BUF QB Josh Allen is on the injury report, but has been a full participant this week as he deals with ankle and elbow injuries in his throwing arm.
- BUF safety Micah Hyde’s 21-day activation window opened Wednesday, though Bills coach Sean McDermott said he won’t play Sunday. In fact, Hyde won’t be activated if the Bills make it to the divisional round, as McDermott said they hope to have him back for the AFC Championship Game if they make it that far. The All-Pro safety has been out since Week 2 with a neck injury.
giants @ vikings (4:30 p.m. Sunday, FOX)
- NYG OT Evan Neal (limited) was added to the injury report Thursday with an ankle injury that limited him in practice.
- Every player on the Giants’ active roster practiced this week, but four other players, including cornerback Adoree’ Jackson (knee) and defensive end Leonard Williams (neck), were limited.
- MIN center Garrett Bradbury was a full participant in Thursday’s practice, making his return likely from a knee injury that cost him five games.
- MIN safety Harrison Smith (knee) was the only Vikings player limited in Thursday’s practice.
crows @ bengals (8:15 p.m. Sunday, NBC)
- BAL QB Lamar Jackson did not practice again Thursday and indicated his five-game absence will be extended to six games due to a knee injury.
- BAL QB Tyler Huntley threw in Thursday’s practice, but was limited. The Ravens’ top quarterback missed the Week 18 game with wrist and shoulder injuries.
- CIN WR Tee Higgins returned to practice Thursday after missing Wednesday’s practice with an illness.
cowboys @ buccaneers (8:15 p.m. Monday, ABC/ESPN)
- DAL OT Tyron Smith (knee) and defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (foot) were the only two Cowboys players limited in Thursday’s practice.
- TB CB Carlton Davis is “good to go” according to coach Todd Bowles after missing the last two games with a shoulder injury.
- TB DT Vita Vea was limited in practice Thursday as he has suffered a calf injury that has forced him to miss three of the last four games.
- TB C Ryan Jensen could be activated from injured reserve to play Monday after missing the entire regular season with a knee injury, Bowles said Thursday.
Colin decides how much pressure the Cowboys, Bucs and Chiefs are under to reach SB LVII
- PHI QB Jalen Hurts threw in practice Friday after not throwing in Thursday’s practice. He missed two games before returning in Week 18 with a right shoulder injury. He told reporters “Better have a bye week” and he didn’t dispute the idea that he might not be 100 percent when the Eagles return to action next week.
- PHI OT Lane Johnson returned to practice Friday for the first time since suffering a torn hamstring in Week 16. He is He is reportedly on track to play in the divisional round.
FOX Sports Top Stories:
Get more from the National Football League Follow your favorites for information on games, news and more